Are You Managing Your Social Media Reputation?
Social Media has become a huge component in the marketing mix and reputation management component for businesses. Creating a presence on the Social Media Channels that are relevant for your brand will allow you to improve your online presence, connect with prospects and customers, respond to any negative publicity and also monitor the conversation to prevent any crises.
One thing that all business should do is perform a Google search and verify that your social media profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube show up in the first 10 results. If they don’t show up, a plan to ensure that they do should be put in place.
A plan to ensure your Social Media profiles are showing up in a Google search on your name should include the following components:
- Verify you have profiles established on the relevant channels
- Ensure that your Social Media Profiles are listed on your website
- Begin to share and engage your customers on these networks
- Share articles, ask questions, respond to comments, share funny photos if relevant on Facebook
- Reach out to others on Twitter, listen to the conversation and respond, send Twitter only specials
- Post regular updates on LinkedIn and share in groups when appropriate
- Create Videos on YouTube and share with your target audience on Twitter and Facebook too
- Establish a presence on Google+ and begin to engage with your prospects – maybe even start a Google+ Hangout
Our Friends at The Social Media Examiner recently posted a blog post that ties nicely into this topic – 3 Tips to Manage Your Social Media Reputation. It is worth a read as well.